Actually the Pro-view has the narrowest primary coverage area of nine degrees with secondary of forty with the gain turned way up. Gain controls how much signal is displayed, not how much energy is produced. Try listening to a transducer pointed at you in the air, it does not get louder when the gain is turned up. If people are getting interference, they can turn their gain down, so less is displayed and also try pushing the IR button to get a "fishable screen". The people getting the interference can also try using the Pro-view, rather than the 12 or 19 degree iceducer which display sonar from a larger area. Remember that sonar is sound energy. When I'm perch fishing on Mendota in 60+ fow near others, you can bet that I have the Pro-view on to minimize receiving other's signals. When I am running two rods in 28 fow today, I will use the 12 degree for more coverage area to see both rigs. Any Vexilar transducer will work on any model Vexilar, they are all interchangeable from day one, which is useful to know as most people with a FLX-28 still have an earlier model with a wider degree iceducer.