here is some great info I found already publish check it out

Finding good fishing spots is one of the most important tasks for fishermen who want to consistently catch fish.
Because we aren?t able to find where our target fish are staging, we have no shot at catching them no matter how fancy our boat is, now smooth our reel is, or how great our bait is.
And on the contrary, if we simply find the feeding zones of our target fish, everything else is easier.
In past tutorials, we?ve covered how to efficiently find good fishing spots using online satellite imagery maps such as Google, Bing, and Mapquest.
But a limitation with those options is that they are only as good as the clarity of the satellite images.
Fortunately, there is still a way to get some great insight into where the most probable feeding zones are in a given area? and that?s with the use of detailed maps that show the bottom contours.
And I am pleased to report that Paul Michele from Navionics was nice enough to get on a webinar with me to share some great tips on how you can use bottom contour data from mapping services like theirs to identify specific spots that are likely to hold feeding fish.
Click on the video image below to watch the webinar:
http://youtu.be/siJHneLoF7g

this was published by Luke Simonds
How To Use Navionics Contour Maps To Find Fishing Spots