01/30/2017 03:11 PM
B
Bernie Keefe Offline OP
Ice Team Pro
Bernie Keefe  Offline OP
Ice Team Pro
Ice Team Member
B

We had the annual 3 lakes ice fishing contest here in Colorado last weekend.This got me to thinking of a great vacation trip.
1st Research an area you would like to spend a few days to go on a fishing vacation.
2nd Learn about the contests in the area.
3rd Go fish, have fun, learn something about the area.
4th. Put all that knowledge together to win a check at the contest.
Sounds pretty simple, it can be if you made a game plan to fish hard a few days before the contest. Learn what the fish are doing, learn a few spots, catch some nice fish. How many people do this for your ice fishing trips?

Re: Tournaments [Re: Bernie Keefe] #1195
02/02/2017 09:00 PM
02/02/2017 09:00 PM
J
Jim Kusuda Online content
Ice Team Pro
Jim Kusuda  Online Content
Ice Team Pro
Ice Team Member
J

Man oh Man I wish it was like that. I used to fish the Trap Attacks and never got a top three. I learned quite a bit and gained many friends. I was an observer for the first Nationals at Lake Henry and got fourth place in the last one at the same lake in Minnesota. It was a great ride.

Re: Tournaments [Re: Bernie Keefe] #1235
02/14/2017 12:02 PM
02/14/2017 12:02 PM
C
Chuck Mason Offline
Ice Team Pro
Chuck Mason  Offline
Ice Team Pro
Ice Team Member
C

Putting all the gear together for this weekend on Lake St Helen here in Michigan. Its prep time, tested the electronics on the Bearcat, new auger mounts from Koplin and since the partner doesn't have a quad or sled, will be pulling the Large Nordic Sled from Clam with all the gear inside. Tightened everything up on the augers and now its all about matching up the rods to the jigs.

Some jigs perform better on different rods due to their weight, and if I am using plastics or live bait. Some rods are dedicated to tightlining, which I will probably use more with the plastics to impart the tip action down to the presentation. With the smallest of jigs, will be using the rods that incorporated the light palm rod style spring bobbers. For the 3 and 4 mm jigs, those will go with the more traditional wire springs.