North Mchenry County Il
U
UFCreel Offline OP
Ice Team Member
UFCreel  Offline OP
Ice Team Member
U

North Mchenry County Il
Lots of people breaking through rotten ice. Tony Boshold went through just the other day on Channel Lake in Illinois. He and his client are okay. Just got word of one drowning victim on Lake Geneva Wisconsin. Went out of Lynn pier. Many others have been falling through. Be safe out there folks. We have not had a bad ice year like this in awhile. I was out on Monday west of Lake Geneva. My partner and i take all precautions necessary for self rescue. We even walk out in a straight line several yards apart. Just in case one of us take a dip. We both said after walking off Monday. We wont be going out around here until it gets real cold. Hope that is not next December.

Flags up! Bobbers Down!
Re: Be Careful out there. [Re: UFCreel] #1169
01/27/2017 01:11 AM
01/27/2017 01:11 AM
Lake Geneva
D
Dan Walker Offline
Ice Team Member
Dan Walker  Offline
Ice Team Member
D

Lake Geneva
UF:

Heard about Tony. Glad that he and his partner were able to get out and get off.

The fisherman that lost his life on Geneva this week should not have happened. Check with your local bait shops and safely check out areas that you want to fish. The area off of Linn Pier was not bad on Monday morning, but was deteriorating fast toward the end of the day. Weather conditions have not been cooperating. Checked Geneva Bay late Sunday and the north shore was opening fast with the warm temps and the run off. Same with Maytag Point. The lake is tricky and you have to follow the contour lines along the shore lines and watch the run off. We had the rain and warm temps while the ground was still frozen and there was some impressive run off that quickly broke down the shore lines at certain points.

Weather prediction is calling for some colder temps and I am not going to start checking again until Sunday ( with my Nebulus, picks and a life vest) and will see how things look.

Everyone exercise extreme caution over the next few days in SE WI.

Dan Walker

Clam Power Stick