MN
L
littlepineguy Offline OP
Ice Team Member
littlepineguy  Offline OP
Ice Team Member
L

MN
Just ordered a full-size ranger and I'm trying to come up with a way to haul everything in the bed or on racks, including my house. My logic here is that it'd be easier on all the gear in the house to be riding on the suspension vs. running directly on the ice. The problem is, my house has a larger footprint than the bed, and I'm trying to find some sort of bed extender solution that might remedy this. Am I nuts for even thinking this is the way to go? I'd be dragging it on the ice as we're moving spot to spot within an area, but for the 3+ mile runs I'd prefer to load it up. Thanks for any input!

Re: Hauling a portable with a UTV [Re: littlepineguy] #950
12/31/2016 10:06 AM
12/31/2016 10:06 AM
Minnesota
Duckdude Offline
Ice Team Member
Duckdude  Offline
Ice Team Member

Minnesota
The group I go to Canada with every year run snowmobiles and we go +10 even +20 mile runs to get to some spots. We pull otter lodges and resorts but we have built wooden inserts inside the sled so nothing bounces around. Auger and heater have their own spot. The lead guy said he brought someone with one year but just threw everything in the sled and about mile on the lake, they stopped to check and heater had broken pieces, rods were mangled, auger had broken parts. I'm not sure if you have auger mount on Ranger but i'd still want some sort of compartment to strap down heater and things when the house is on the bed. I would think the suspension would help, but I'd feel better knowing things can't freely bounce around.