Ice Team Forum

Modify Your Fish Trap

Posted By: Matt Johnson

Modify Your Fish Trap - 09/23/2016 11:18 AM

Here's a fun video that Jason Mitchell and I did back in 2012... of course a lot has changed since then and there SO MANY ways to trick-out your portable shelter, but I thought this would at least get the minds moving!
Posted By: 5jig

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 10/10/2016 03:45 PM

What do most people use for switches for the lights? I was thinking of getting a board that has light switches and USB ports. One of my questions is do I make a box or attach the board to my shelter? What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Posted By: AS22

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 10/11/2016 12:06 PM

I used a single gang outlet box (may want to switch to a double to make wiring easier) with a blank cover plate and managed to fit 2 switches, a 12 plug, and a battery status indicator on it. I have leads that come out of the box to connect to a battery that sits clams battery bracket. I also ran the wire from my tube light through the pole so it is almost entirely hidden. Provides a clean look, doesn't take up space like a box does, and doesn't get in the way. I will try to post pics tomorrow.
Posted By: 5jig

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 10/14/2016 09:43 PM

Sounds good 22, can wait to see some pictures.
Posted By: Polardog

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 10/24/2016 12:45 PM

I used some simple 12V Round Rocker toggle switches, a variety can be found on ebay and they sell waterproof versions too.

Also, I'd suggest using ones with LED backlights because it makes them easy to identify and find in a dark house.
Posted By: Wavs

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 11/11/2016 11:26 AM

12 v rocker switches seem to be the best. Go into an auto parts store and look over all the choices, then you can decide where to purchase from. Amazon sells them, ebay, auto parts stores etc.

Amazon sells small project boxes if you want another option for the box. In-line fuse from the positive off the battery is a good idea.
Posted By: AS22

Re: Modify Your Fish Trap - 12/19/2016 02:19 PM

I apologize for the delay in posting these. I have another project taking up garage space and posting pics is a little more work than i anticipated. Let me know if you have questions. I do have a fuse inside of the box as well.
© 2024 Ice Team Forums