Ice Team Forum

Try different strategies!

Posted By: Bullgill

Try different strategies! - 09/15/2016 10:26 PM

Some people get stuck in a ice fishing rut, myself included. While talking with Dave G. on West "O",two years ago,we discussed the habit of not being in a habit. Change things up. Use new techniques. Watch and listen to the younger generations. Yes, older=generations. So get out of your "rut" and be surprised at the change in fishing productivity.
Posted By: Tod Todd

Re: Try different strategies! - 09/16/2016 07:19 AM

Very true I hope to make it back to O this winter, was talking to my buddy about making the trip its only 453 miles for us.
Posted By: Evan Pheneger

Re: Try different strategies! - 09/22/2016 09:42 AM

It easy to get in a rut, especially when you WERE on a hot bite.

One of my favorite things to do it just go out and play and don't worry about this fishing. The way I "play" is taking my aqua vu and just drilling a bunch of holes in spots that look good and checking em out and seeing what they look like. Most times with no intent to fish.

You see the coolest things and a lot of times find good spots!

For example, I found this on some Mississippi River backwaters when I was just out....playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li68nUd40JQ
Posted By: Matt Johnson

Re: Try different strategies! - 09/22/2016 04:04 PM

Excellent topic and couldn't agree more. Versatility--in all types of fishing--can really make a big difference. I mean... that is part of the reason we have so many rods and boxes full of jigs smile
© 2024 Ice Team Forums