Ice Team Forum

Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch?

Posted By: MikeLind

Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/10/2016 11:20 AM

I am a fan of the Clam series blade spoons and jigs. I tend to stick with the fire tiger and the yellow/orange (whatever that's called). Ive seen the Pink/gold glitter a lot on the ice team videos online so of course I had to go buy a few. If you had to pick a one "go to" which color do you not leave home without? Or even which bait? Thanks guys!!
Posted By: Mnfishing13

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/10/2016 11:45 AM

Was at seminar at the show and Dave genz said that he liked a red drop kick, he said that the red glows the brightest, but not the longest
Posted By: beaverman05

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/12/2016 11:20 AM

I've always had luck with red jig head with any red wiggly tailed plastic tipping it. Reminds me of a blood worm.
Posted By: Sorno

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/12/2016 12:53 PM

Daytime I use mostly glow or glow red until I get refused too many times; then I put on gold. If I have to go after dark, glow or glow blue seem to be a cut above.
S.
Posted By: Scott O.

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/12/2016 06:50 PM

Red jig and a red plastic. Catches everything.
Posted By: Chuck Mason

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/14/2016 03:48 PM

For two panfish that really like shiners, I like metallic silver the best, then red glow, glow green and then anything blue!
Posted By: UFCreel

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/15/2016 07:49 AM

Mine would have to be Fiska's Epoxy Glow #E61, School Bus #E71, Black Glow Spot #E74, Glow Pink Spot #E78. These produce no matter where i have fished. I rig them with a Whip Plastic Tail. Color for them could be a whole new discussion.
Posted By: Bigassbassman

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/19/2016 11:40 AM

Red glow is my favorite glow color for perch, but as others have said, red glow doesn't last as long as other glow colors.
Posted By: AndRo

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/19/2016 11:42 AM

It really depends on water clarity and native forage.
Posted By: Jim Kusuda

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/22/2016 07:19 PM

So if water is clear, do you like natural colors like brown and black? Bloodworms are often red, I like red plastics.
Posted By: UFCreel

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/23/2016 08:44 AM

I keep several rods with different colored jigs on them. Now talking whips? I have found that many times the color the crappie want can change on a dime. So the whip tails can and do get changed out right quick. If you were catching on motor oil and they stop biting. Change the whip not the jig. Boom they are biting again. Have caught them with natural colors in clear water and then on hot pink or chartreuse in the same clear water. Good luck and change those colors as the bite changes
Posted By: defish

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/23/2016 08:29 PM

If I'm alone I'll fish two rods - each with a different color jig. Some days it's 50/50 and other days one is WAY better than the other. If both are slow I'll change the slowest color out and/or maybe go to a different style jig.
Posted By: Perch-Eye

Re: Favorite color jigs for crappies/perch? - 12/23/2016 10:24 PM

Here in Montana we can use up to 6 poles on certain waters so I like to set everything up with a different spoon or jig until something starts happening on one. Then I will switch a couple to match the hot pole.

Ken...........
© 2024 Ice Team Forums