Ice Team Forum

THE FIRST DROP!!!

Posted By: Evan Pheneger

THE FIRST DROP!!! - 09/28/2016 12:11 PM

In anticipation for ice, and after reading some topics in this forum. I was wondering, what beautiful lure will you be plunging below hard water your "first drop"

For me it will more than likely be a red glow jalapeno jig from JR's tackle with more than likely spikes on it or a 1" gulp minnow.
Posted By: Kevan Paul

Re: THE FIRST DROP!!! - 09/29/2016 10:16 PM

Wow this is tough....... I would say I'm going to fish fast so a drop jig xl with a pink maki maki will be my 1st bait to get wet.
Posted By: Myfavcolorisblue

Re: THE FIRST DROP!!! - 09/29/2016 10:44 PM

I'd have to go with the drop kick jig. Black and yellow. Lot of confidence with this jig. Like how the eyelet is placed for a horizontal presentation. Tipping it with euro larvae.
Posted By: schoff

Re: THE FIRST DROP!!! - 09/30/2016 06:11 AM

1/8th oz Buckshot Hot Chub with a minnow head. Seems to be my go to lure for perch and walleyes.
Posted By: Scott O.

Re: THE FIRST DROP!!! - 10/01/2016 03:57 PM

Clam Drop Kick jig in red with a red Maki Jamei plastic. Great combo and worked excellent on multiple species last season.
Posted By: Matt Johnson

Re: THE FIRST DROP!!! - 10/03/2016 04:01 PM

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but the Drop Kick for sure! I was so fond of that jig last year. Everything from the action, to the hook, to the colors... it rarely didn't get used in a day of targeting panfish!

Otherwise if I'm hitting walleyes at first ice, I'll probably be shallow and dropping down that new Leech Flutter spoon... if you haven't seen that one then you need to check it out!
© 2024 Ice Team Forums