Ice Team Pro, JP Tessier, reports on 1/31/18...

Welcome back to beautiful Lake of the Woods on this, the last day of January 2018. I will start off by say this has been the best fishing season for my Sleepers since the flood in 2014. I don’t know if I can contribute that to the tremendous number of fish we have in Lake of the Woods, or the fact that we have so much jagged/piled ice surrounding our area, out of Baudette, which in my humble opinion is holding some good bait fish. Regardless, our guest are loving it.

Now is the time of year to start exploring the rock piles around Knights, Bridges, Rocky Point, Stoney, Garden, etc...the mud surrounding these rocks should start attracting some nice fish.

Adrian’s ice Road runs out 14 miles right now, but I’m still fishing 2 miles off Pine Island. I’ve heard of some great reports the last few days from out deep in that 33-34’, but I’m still hunkered in 20-30’. The dead stick has been preferred by the fish more than the jig, but I’m a stubborn jigger sometimes to my detriment. It’s been all about the gold and green for me the last two weeks. Lots of shore lunch sandwich stackers have been visiting us and our bellies aren’t complaining.

Happy Fishing and God Bless...

Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman

Good Fishin'
Matt Johnson

Ice Team - "Join the Team"
www.IceTeam.com