Ice Team Pro, JP Tessier, reports on 1/9...

Happy New Year from beautiful Lake of the Woods! I would like to start off by thanking everyone that visits our amazing area every ice fishing season. Because of you the legend of Lake of the Woods grows and our local area flourishes with opportunity.

The past few weeks we’ve seen many shore lunch sandwich stackers (Walleyes and Saugers) porpoise through the holes. The bite has been better on the dead stick, rather than jigging. With that said, the 1/8 oz. Silver/Blue Jason Mitchell Rattling Blade Spoon tipped with a couple chunks of frozen Shiner has still out fished any of my other lures. There has been a great bite happening all along the south shore of Lake of the Woods. Currently the best number of fish have still been shallower 18-29’ rather than the 30-34’ we are accustomed to be fishing this time of the season on any other average year. Remember to bring at least 2 extensions for your augers. Hopefully you won’t need them, but there’s a lot of piled ice and I’ve had to break them out on a couple occasions this season already. I’ve found 30” to as much as “I don’t have enough extensions”.

Happy Fishing and God Bless...
Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman

Good Fishin'
Matt Johnson

Ice Team - "Join the Team"
www.IceTeam.com