Ice Team Forum

Ice Conditions

Posted By: Matt Johnson

Ice Conditions - 10/14/2016 07:43 AM

Yes... I know there are none... YET! But I figured a MN Ice Conditions topic was in order so we can inform everyone what the ice looks like at different parts of the state as it arrives...
Posted By: twinkies87

Re: Ice Conditions - 12/09/2016 03:38 PM

Anyone seeing any fishable ice yet in MN? Hope this snow coming on Sat/Sun doesn't mess with ice making too much.
Posted By: Fishnhunt119

Re: Ice Conditions - 12/14/2016 02:56 PM

Anyone have any ice reports for Annandale/Buffalo area?
Posted By: Duckdude

Re: Ice Conditions - 12/28/2016 09:34 PM

I measured 5 to 6 inches on a NE Metro lake tonight. Crazy to think I was driving my truck on Red Lake last week.
Posted By: Duckdude

Re: Ice Conditions - 12/31/2016 09:49 AM

Mille lacs had about 11 inch out of the Garrison Public acces 2 mornings ago..walked out so it was only about 1/2 mile from access
Posted By: Scott Seibert

Re: Ice Conditions - 01/20/2017 09:49 PM

Lake Winnibigoshish area.
We stayed and went out of High Banks Resort. They have roads plowed out 2.5 miles. Our Walleye fishing was tough but did catch a ton of Perch site fishing( The kids loved site fishing). We seen 1- 23.5" eye caught and we lost one at the hole. We set up in 23-25 foot of water. We had 22-25 inches of ice with 4-8 inches of snow and some drifts.With a 4 wheel drive truck you can get off the road and find a mid lake hump.

On the smaller lakes we found 13-16 inches of ice and the pan fishing was much better for us. We caught Crappies a few Gill and Perch. We looked for the deepest water id the basin of the lake. 26-29 foot was the magic area. We drilled multiple hoes inside the Clam 1660 Mag house and some all around the outside so the kids could fish inside and out. Hole hopping worked the best. Catch one move to the next hole and get another one.

You had to tease the fish a bit to get them to bite. I was using a #10 1/32 oz Gold Dingle Drop XL with 5 maggots and a #10 3/64 oz Red Glow drop Jig tipped with a 1" Pink Glow Maki Mino.

When you get a chance make sure you take a kid fishing. Look at the smiles on the faces of them all.
Posted By: alex d

Re: Ice Conditions - 01/23/2017 12:39 PM

Any one know how the ice is down in SE/ Rochester area after all the warm weather ?
Posted By: UFCreel

Re: Ice Conditions - 02/20/2017 08:56 AM

Hope to be heading up to LOW march 6th. Any trends or hot tips? Have been there many times before just never in March. Sure hope they have ice then. As it is all gone around here.
© 2024 Ice Team Forums